Saturday, November 14, 2015

Jurassic World Indominus rex vs Gyrosphere vs Ankylosaurus exclusive!

JW I.rex vs Girosphere AND Ankylosaurus exclusive set!



If you have a Target nearby (USA,Canada, MX), hold off on your Indominus rex vs Gyrosphere set and get this if it's still available, not because they're awesome toys, but because you get more for yo' moneh!



I don't plan on acquiring the Indominus rex vs Gyrosphere common set because this one is special...truly special, and it's not just the Ankylosaur, but speaking of which, here's a few pictures.





I complained about the former being just a dull brown, well, this is olive green, and it works better on the figure in my opinion. Too bad it's a Target store exclusive. Having them both really makes it worthwhile. But I'm not recommending this gift set over the extra repaint Ankylosaur repaint alone. Let's move to the main piece... The evil sociopathic hybrid... INDOMINUS REX!


This is what you'd get in a normal Indominus Vs. Gyrosphere set...



The figure by itself...well the sculpt is very nice. The color is very monotone, but it's accurate to the CGI version...to a certain extent. However, the figure can't stand unless it is in crouching position. The legs are too loose! The arms are tight though...Why the heck isn't it the other way around? As usual, the tail is for decoration and not for counterbalance.



Something cool that some of the figures in this line have (Pteranodon and Mosasaurus) is this new innovative Dino Damage feature! Gone are the days of lost Dino Damage flesh parts! It's spring loaded now! Just push the cover and it pops up, revealing DINO DAMAGE!!! However, it's very easily activated on this particular figure. I can't shake it or hold it without the wound springing up! It's different on my Mosasaur, where it stays steady. That's another drawback, at least on my own specimen. Still, Hasbro gets points for coming up with this feature. It certainly makes it more interesting. Too bad personally I prefer rubber flesh coverings (as long as they work!)



Pushing the tail down causes the animal to bite down on its victims. It works well on mine, but I've heard reports of specimens breaking easily, so beware.Now, let's get on the special part and why you should buy the Target Exclusive set aside from the mucus green Ankylosaur!



If you have Target stores in your country, you may have noticed that some toys (Mashers, Titan 4-pack exlcusives) have this strange looking JW marked item. It's a mini blacklight!!! But what's it for, you ask?



IT CAMOUFLAGED ITSELF!!!*chomp chomp ACU*. I'm sorry, but I think this is pretty rad. I thought the light-up wounds on the electronic dinosaurs was silly, but this, being an exclusive, is a pretty rad feature. The "normal" version doesn't have this feature!





The set comes with a Gyrosphere and an ACU team member for the Indominus and Ankylosaurus to fight over.



Pushing the button causes the gyrosphere to "break" or open, swinging the seats outward and a panel to appear cracked. It also rolls along with two tiny wheels on the bottom. The ACU soldier is 2.5 inches tall and has two points of articulation...There's no independence between the limbs. It SUCKS. It SUCKS that this line didn't give us any humans except for this piece of crap.



If they had to include tiny humans, WHY NOT INCLUDE ZACK AND GRAY?! WTF?! Hasbro has been trying to re-accustom us to 5POA figures (nothing wrong with that), and sell POS 2.5 inch tiny human figures (Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Ultron). We all hate them. The hate is unanimous. If they were going to punish us with that crap, why couldn't they at least go back to the third Transformers movie?







The Gyrosphere is a two seater, so I got Human Alliance Soundwave's villainous Dylan Gould who has added articulation to fill in the empty seat, and after a massive argument, I was able to sit them together in the Gyrosphere. I HATE this scale. I HATE scale discrepancies in toylines. It's my number 1 pet peeve. I'm ok with 5POA humans, but scale...it's something I cannot condone. They might as well not have given us human figures at all, or sucky vehicles. Did I mention that the Gyrosphere launches a disk?



There you have it! If you have a Target store nearby, chances are these are still available, or they have reverted to the normal Indominus vs Gyrosphere set. If you HAVE to get an Indominus vs Gyrosphere, make sure it's the Target version, otherwise it's just not worth your time. It only costs $10 more for an added light feature and extra dinosaur. This is what the JW line exemplifies. Low quality, mediocrity and a reliance on silly gimmicks that get me to wag my primitive tail, such as light! But the quality is still abysmal. On the other side of the Indominus, the blacklight doesn't work as well as there is less paint. It's more of a try-me than anything else. But like I said, if you MUST... get this set instead if you can. Just because this is my favorite JW set doesn't mean it's my favorite couple of dinos. Ankylosaurus is on my top 5 and it's nice to have a repaint, but why not expand about repaints in our next bit? Shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment