Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Jurassic World Chomping T.rex

Jurassic World Chomping T.rex Tyrannosaurus rex by Hasbro



Those who know me know what a JOKE the Jurassic World toys are, but I'll try to be as unbiased as possible whilst doing this review.



Bought at Walmart for $15, it's a good price for a big dinosaur, but most stores ask $20 or more. Make sure you get these at Walmart. There's two variations, and I personally think they're both the same. It has to do with the jaw opening mechanism and some paint issues.



I'm not a brat when it comes to dinosaur toys. I have a large collection of "Chinasaurs". This, however, is pathetic. That giant gap on the mandible is just... absolutely horrifying. The colors are super plain and it's a miracle this thing could stand up for 2 minutes as I took the picture. It will eventually start falling down. It's hollow inside. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but she's just a terrible TERRIBLE toy that deserves better given the character she's trying to portray.



The button (try me on the box) sticks out like a huge tumor. Older Jurassic Park dinosaurs often hid their buttons. This is pathetic. And apparently their jaws break easily.



I love the design, I just hate the way it was carried out. It's not fun because of how fragile it is. I don't wanna break it! The colors are bland and the jaw gap is just pathetic.



Why stop there? There's the Stomp 'n Strike Electronic T.rex and the smaller Basher and Biter T.rex. They're all interesting and unique, but this is...maybe with a repaint and some mold it could turn out to be a beautiful T.rex, as some of my customizing friends have demonstrated, but by itself... well...you're the consumer! I'm a long time collector who just finds this pathetic, as my expectation for anything from the Jurassic franchise is quite high. Buy at your own risk, and if you do, make sure it's at Walmart. $15 is what this is worth. Anything more and you're being robbed. I'll review the other two momentarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment