Sunday, November 15, 2015

Jurassic World Bashers and Biters Stegoceratops!

JW B&B Stegoceratops AND repaint!





Anyone remember Jurassic Park Chaos Effect? This is a blast of the past! However, while not easily spotted, this animal was actually in Jurassic World and can be found in some promo material. The story was that InGen was going to start making hybrid dinosaurs and likely weaponizing them for militaristic purposes, and one proposed animal was this. As for the figure itself, it's not too bad.





I've grown fond of calling it "Nasutostegoceratops" because that's definitely a Nasutoceratops head, which is pretty cool, I guess. The details and colors are nice. I enjoy the pose and the details around it.



Like all B&B toys, moving the tail around causes the head to move around. But the feature doesn't work too well on mine...Anyways, Hasbro liked this figure so much that they gave it a repaint!





Desert storm version anyone? Either way, I definitely love the sand colors on this one. Some say it's bland, but the two animals together look pretty cool!





The head movement works a lot better on my sand repaint! That alone makes me like it more than the original, but every specimen is different, unfortunately.



Well, this is my top 5th JW figure, even though it's not a real dinosaur. The original is easier to find than the repaint, but I'd buy them both if I were you. Hasbro really took their time designing these, and for that reason they get extra points.

No comments:

Post a Comment