Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Jurassic World Bashers and Biters Pachycephalosaurus

JW B&B Pachycephalosaurus



My 4th favorite dinosaur from the Hasbro line, this Pachycephalosaurus has a wonderful mold! I absolutely love the head. Spot on. The curved tail, and lack of a wide body definitely bothers me, but this is meant to represent an older vision of the animal.



The screw holes are a continuing distraction with these, but there's nothing to be done about that.



It's certainly one of the better toys, and that is saying a lot since the paint is so...bland! They didn't even color the claws and nails. But it's still a nice mold, I just wish they had given it the respect it deserves. The Lost World Paint would have been a starter, or if you're that lazy, why not do a homage to the Red, Black and yellow dome from Jurassic Park, Series 2?





I rarely ever see this figure, if you see it, you should buy it, as second wave toys tend to be harder to find.



Like the other Bashers and Biters, pulling the tail down makes the neck stick out, and pulling the tail to the side makes the head bob right...I think. Kind of a weak performance, in my opinion...



Still, it cannot be denied that it is kind of cute...



Probably the best thing about it is that it is in scale with the Jurassic Park Series 2/ The Lost World small Pacho mold, so it fits right in with your Pachycephalosaurus herd. It's just a new coloration. Like I said above, this is my 4th favorite JW figure (the 5th being Stegoceratops), and therefore it is recommended. It's cute, kinda fun, kind of a filler toy, but the head sculpt is spot on, and I appreciate it for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment