Friday, November 20, 2015

Jurassic World Growlers Ceratosaurus

JW Growlers Ceratosaurus!



My second favorite JW figure (5. Stegoceratops 4. Pachycephalosaurus 3. Ankylosaurus 2. Ceratosaurus 1. ???), this is the first Ceratosaurus figure we've ever received since the Die-Cast version from Jurassic Park (1993)!!! The design follows the Jurassic Park III version, and to some extent, the original Die-Cast figure. I've never seen any images from 1993 of Ceratosaurus, but they all seem to follow a theme. Red colored head, some level of stripes and a clear colored body, which in the Die-Cast's version is a blue body with black stripes and a red neck/face.



In Jurassic World terms, this is one fantastic figure, with a fantastic mold. We haven't looked at the Growlers yet, but these came in later waves. I absolutely love this figure, and love the fact that is measures between 5-6 meters long in comparison to Jurassic Park, The Lost World and JPIII figures, so it works perfectly in your Kenner Jurassic Park playground! The figure is not without problems though.





Some people commented on how the teeth are herbivorous-like, blunt and un-detailed. Yeah, so? That is a pattern with all of these JW figures. It's meant for safety for little kids. Not like they would be able to injure themselves since the biting mechanism is so weak and...fragile...And I have a horrible story about that!



Before I get into my story, allow me to highlight the most ridiculous feature these Growlers have. They feature GLOWING DINO-DAMAGE!!! Whoever thought about this is an absolute idiot, this is disgusting. Putting lights on their wounds? Genius idea. NOT. This is... I can't say how stupid the feature is. Pushing the button on Ceratosaurus causes a JP T.rex roar to happen. And it glows, of course. They should have done those spring-loaded wound covers instead!!!



Pushing the tail down causes it to close the jaw and roar just like a classic Jurassic Park T.rex. It's kind of lame, but whatever, we had no actual Ceratosaur roar sound ever, so might as well. . Now, due to the plastic and quality, this feature is very VERY fragile. Here's my story. I had been hunting these for a while, and went to my hometown's Wal-Mart to search for it. I luckily found it, I was actually secretly hunting for Dilophosaurus... Anyways, I wanted to buy both at the same time but I have this 1 dino a day rule to counter my insane dinosaur collecting. Anyways, I checked it and it looked...odd. The sides were split, and there was a large crevasse through its midline point. Naturally I attempted to correct this by snapping the figure together, and upon doing this, the jaw mechanism no longer worked once you pulled the tail down. I broke a dinosaur in store on its box... This isn't supposed to happen!!! Hasbro get your stuff together!! I felt sad because I destroyed store merchandise and because I broke a dinosaur in a foolish attempt to fix it. This was my first run-in with the true power of the dark si...I mean, the true power of low quality dinosaurs. As I told my friends online, I said "ten years from now I will not be able to sell these since they will all be broken.". Whatever, I drove to the next town over in desperation to find a working Ceratosaurus, and alas, there it is. Great figure, and fragile as heck. Rare, too so if you see one, buy it.



Well, they found the phone among the Spinosaurus' rubbish. Ceratosaurus cometh and sayeth "hell to the no, y'all stink". the end. Highly recommended, but caution on it's fragility. Check yours before you buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment