Monday, April 18, 2016

Jurassic World Hero Mashers Tyrannosaurus rex and Amargasaurus

JW HM T.rex and Amargasaurus













This will be my final Hero Masher review for now until I find the gray Velociraptor, the Toys R' Us exclusive blue T.rex and the normal Indominus rex.













This is the biggest Hero Masher, slightly larger than Indominus who was not present for the photoshoot. The orange and black color scheme just works. It is fearsome, it has a large maw and it just has this great cartoonish aesthetic to it.



As all the Hero Mashers, it has a great range of articulation, though it is really top heavy and tends to fall forward. They all have that problem to an extent...




Among all the pieces it comes with there is a piece of steak it can eat and wear as you'll see later on.








Now, while you can mix and match all the pieces it comes with, here's the one I like to call the "Extreme Version", which is reminiscent of the Hybrids that are coming out this year. It comes with three differently colored spit missiles. I'm sure the orange one is a fire blast, the green one is poison and the blue one is an ice beam? Yeah I've been playing Pokemon lately. Anyways, this is what I call the T.rex "Mega Evolution". She can't use the blasts without evolving first! AHA! What did I tell you about wearing the piece of steak?! Come back here!



Among the pieces there are these sail fins you can use to turn your T.rex into a Spinosaur type animal, or just Super Mega Evolve it. I don't know...the colors clash in my opinion. Try using them on Spinosaurus. Anyways, let's see the Amargosaur...



Uh...I don't know what to think. Instead of sauropod arms it comes with crazy gauntlets. This look like a sauropod to you?



You can use the dials to pop up the claws and back. Somehow this reminds me of a totally different dinosaur...



This feels a lot like a therizinosaur. Big arms, long claws, herbivorous head attached to a long neck, short tail, big feet...I almost want to actually play with these and make up real dinosaurs as it appears I've got all the pieces, even for Amargasaurus. Maybe I'll publish my findings, but the complete sets of hero masher dinosaurs give unlimited possibilities for all manner of dinosaur creation. A bad imagination is your only impediment. I highly recommend these for kids of all ages, but y'all gotta get the full set and it's good that they are now on clearance. I got this item half off at Toys R Us (I was looking for the blue version!), which is more than fair for all these crazy parts! Anyways, my view on Hero Mashers is that their joints feel kind of cheap but can hold it together, and that with a huge pool of pieces you can create most dinosaurs. Now the regular non exclusive Indominus has a brachiosaur neck. I need that to produce all manner of sauropods. I can't wait to find that. For now, I'm signing off 'till later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment