Thursday, July 30, 2015

Battat Museum of Science Dilophosaurus

One of my favorite lines ever, which is currently seeing a revival, the Battat Dilophosaurus is one of my favorite Dilophosaur figures ever.



A proportionally correct figure, the one thing that bothers people the most is its tripodal posture, especially when it's highly unlikely that their tails could curve in that fashion. There's several variants to the figure, mini, version 1 and version 2. I believe this is version 1, let me know if I'm wrong.









Very few dinosaurs come in this particular tripod posture, and the colors are pretty interesting as well. Dark forest green over a sort of darkish warm grey with brick colored crests. It's hard to read this figure. It almost looks like it's...communicating. Not hunting, not looking around, maybe yawning? It's...definitely...uh...interesting.



The most interesting aspect about this figure is really its rarity, and it's pose. I believe it will get a repaint sometime within the next 72 months and be made available at Target stores across the USA, but I'm not sure on that.





Proportionally longer than its kin, and because I am biased, this is one great Dilophosaurus figure. I love them all. If you see it, buy it. Prices are likely to decrease due to the repaint, or maybe they'll go up. I got this in a very lucky lot, but I've seen people pay $40+ for it. It's up to you, the buyer, if this dinosaur is worthy. I think they're all worthy, no matter the cost but...well...I spared no expense, hehe.

I would review the Carnegie Dilophosaur pair here, but I already did here: http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/10/15/dilophosaurus-pair-carnegie-collection-by-safari-ltd/

That review is exclusive to the Dino Toy Blog. And follow their link, because I often sell that pair!

That's it for Dilophosaurus! Watch out for a new review later today! I'm back! Let's make this fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment