Monday, August 25, 2014

Zoids Gatordus



What a fun little toy! For those of you who don't know, this is a Zoid, which was a line of model kits that rose to prominence in the 80's, but became popular again between 1998-2005 in Japan and the US. They had a cartoon anime and everything. Now, Gatordus here is a rehash for the 80's Gatordus which I believe was red. This one works for the Guylos Empire. I don't quite remember the battle story but whatever. Once it's built, it works as a wind up toy!



He's one of the smallest Zoids in my collection, so he goes anywhere. I'd post pics of my Zoids collection but it's sort of in shambles at the moment. Once they're fixed up you'll see that this guy is not alone! He's pretty fast for a wind up toy, too! Most other zoids are battery powered and do a whole bunch of neat things too. This is as simple as it gets.



My camera doesn't take good close up pics of tiny things. Guylos Empire and Neo Zenebas Empire Zoid Pilots are blue while the Helic Republic Zoids came with grey pilots. (I think it's the Helic republic, yes?I should look it up)...



I would highly recommend Gatordus if he wasn't so expensive nowdays. I got mine for 4.99 back in 2004, now it costs 7-8 times that amount in the box. It's a shame Zoids have become overpriced, but they really are spectacular toys, even the simple ones like Gatordus are lovely, fun to build and fun to rev up and let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment