Friday, April 29, 2016

Terra Battat Dan LoRusso Collection Ceratosaurus

Terra Battat Ceratosaurus





We continue on our quest to look at Battat's recent dino offerings, and now we look at Ceratosaurus, sculpted by Dan LoRusso back in the 90's. Some say this isn't the best Ceratosaurus sculpt in the universe, but in a world devoid of Ceratosaurus figures, who am I to complain? I think it's very nice, and this, while identical to the original, is an improvement. As with all Terra products, it has a fact file on the back, and a nice environment on the packaging's background for those who wish to leave it inside.







The color scheme is much better than the original figure! I mean it's a bit odd to see black then dark red then white, but I don't know. It's interesting and fresh. I don't think I've ever seen a dinosaur sport this combination before. Some say it's dull, some say it doesn't work with the mold, but I say it works fine with the animal portrayed. I love the orange, two toned horn, just as it says in the package "Ceratosaurus may have used the horn for display".





It's a nice figure (by 1997's standards), and given the lack of Ceratosaurus represented in toy form, the repaint will do.







See what I mean about the old one? I actually got it on the same day (I searched for eons), and the old one is...we'll review it later. I like the new one better.

No comments:

Post a Comment