Monday, August 25, 2014

Transformers Beast Wars Mutants Razorclaw!



It's not what it looks like. This "wolverine" actually transforms into a raptor! But let's just look at the wolverine mode first. It's nicely articulated, totally doesn't look like a wolverine, but those big clawed arms turn into his raptor legs...



According to his tech specs, he's a Maximal aka the good guys. Shame on me because all this time I thought he was a Predacon! Time to put him with the good Dinobots I suppose.



Transformation is straightforward and easy to remember. Now I'm not sure if he classifies as a Transformer, but Mutant Beasts are totally organic Transformers with no mechanical parts. Ew. Can you imagine that translated into one of Bay's films? Yuck. Guts and stuff. I really like the raptor mode though. That's why I bought it in the first place. I lucked out, too because when I purchased him in 2001 he had already been extinct for a couple of years. I found him at a Rite-Aid in North Seattle that was full of older toys. These days, Razorclaw is very hard to find cheap.



"I'mma tear you up!"



Now I must really apologize for the quality of the pictures. My camera is very fidgety, I barely know how to use it, and this was done at night when it's dark. I will try to do better next time. I promise. Final thoughts: I've always loved this toy and I highly recommend it to any Beast Wars fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment